Two specialized masters are offered in the domain of Finance:
- Banking & Asset Management
- Financial Analysis and Audit
Banking & Asset Management
The aim of the specialization is to provide the student with an excellent financial literacy in the following subjects:
- portfolio management and financial risk management;
- financial analysis including investment valuation and financing issues;
- management of financial institutions.
The program focus is on the application of these principles and methods rather than their development by the students.
This program is intended to:
- students who are attracted by positions in financial institutions (banks and insurance);
- students who are attracted by positions as financial analysts, professional positions in the world of private equity or financial consulting;
- students who wish to maintain a broad spectrum of career opportunities, while choosing a curriculum that allows them to integrate as quickly as possible into the financial industry.
Banking and Asset Management is taught entirely in English.
Skills gained on completion of the specialization
- fundamental knowledge in market and corporate finance;
- expertise and rigour in financial reasoning ;
- deep understanding of the functioning of financial institutions, investment funds, financial markets and financial instruments;
- mastering concepts and problems linked to portfolio management and financial risk management;
- mastering concepts and problems linked to investment decisions entailing company assessment and finance structuring (Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Venture Capital);
- understanding the scope of financial operations by mastering innovative approaches, calculating them and optimizing them;
- gaining a critical and ethical perspective on the skills required in the financial industry.
Diploma and specific outcomes
On completion of this course, students are awarded the diploma of “Master in Management Science, with Specialization in Banking & Asset Management”.
Career opportunities as
- financial analysts
- fund and asset managers
- professionals in the sector of banking and insurance
- financial market consultants and professionals,
in the following fields:
- Asset management
- Portfolio management, risk management and strategic investment decisions;
- Fund industry;
- Wealth management in various areas, i.e. institutional investors, private banking;
- Financial analysis
- Equity research in a private equity fund or a bank (buy-side or sell-side financial analyst), or in a financial institution;
- Corporate Finance advisory;
- any kind of executive function in financial institutions and commercial, industrial or financial companies concerning, among other areas, cash management, management of assets / liabilities or investment and financing decisions.
The Master in Management (Banking and Asset Management) program of HEC Liège has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree program(s) incorporate at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provide students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CFA exams. CFA Institute is the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and administers the industry gold standard CFA charter. For more information, visit www.cfainstitute.org.